The Berserker looked down at the still weak Jordan. "You annoying pest. I had the world in my hand and you got in the way. I am going to kill you if the Malevolence doesn't"
Jordan managed to look at him in shock.
The Berserker laughed, "Yes, I knew all along what was inside me. It promised power and I was ready to accept."
"Stop! You're under arrest!" Agent Justin, the last remaining person in the arena called out.
Turning slowly, the Berserker gave Justin a dismissive glare. "Run, little man. Someone is going to die today, and I don't like BADGE agents."
Justin pulled out a small BADGE weapon designed for morphonic humans. "I said, stop. You're under arrest. On your knees, hands behind your head or..." The Beserker yelled and ran toward him. Justin shot, but the energy beam didn't stop the enraged lunatic.
Just as he was about to crush this agent, a white blur zipped by and shoved Justin out of the ring. The Berserker came to a stop and looked around, his hands ready to kill. He turned and put his eyes on the recovering oracle. He took one step and then stopped when a small bunny appeared between him and his prey.
"I don't think so, you big dumb ox! This is my boy, my client, I am responsible for his safety, so hands off."
"Or what? I'll crush your tiny, weak, puny body and then I'll stomp this man into a bloody mess."
EB zipped around the mat and stopped sitting on the broad shoulder of The Berserker. "I doubt you could hurt me. I mean, seriously, I survived Legion and loads of other nasty crap. You are just a musclebound idiot with WAAAAY too much testosterone."
The Berserker reached to grab EB, but the bunny was far too fast. "STAND STILL YOU RAT!"
EB stood next to Jordan again and said, "Rabbit, you moron."
"Stop running and fight!"
"I'd love to deflate that ego of yours but I promised to keep my boy safe and I have a couple of other guys who really, REALLY want to take a whack at you. Plus, I have always wanted to do the whole announcer thing. So... good luck." EB disappeared in a flash with Jordan.
The Berserker roared in fury, "GET BACK HERE YOU RODENT!"
"Don't call my friend a rodent!" Robert yelled.
Just as The Berserker turned to respond, a folding chair slammed against him and he went flying into the ropes.
Robert had a furious face with glowing purple eyes. "No one messes with my arena!" He ran right at The Berserker.
"Nice try... OOOF!" The Berserker had just reached up to slam Robert, but Robert gut punched him and then turned and grabbed him by the neck and executed a perfect flip, slamming the Berserker into the mat.
EB called out over the speakers, "AND RAGING ROBERT NAILS THE BERSERKER WITH A PUNCH AND THEN FACE PLANT...OOOH, THAT'S GOTTA STING. WAIT, WAIT, THE BERSERKER IS TRYING TO GET UP, NO, HE IS GOING TO ROBERTS LEGS.... BUT, WAIT, WHAT IS THIS..... ZEUS THE MOOSE IS JOINING IN... HE'S ,YES, HE'S DOING A FULL FLYING DIVE FROM THE CORNER....OW, THE MOOSE MADE A PERFECT LANDING ON THE BERSERKER. THAT'S GOTTA STING."
Robert ran to give The Berserker a double slam to keep him down. However, the Berserker shoved Zeus off of him and swung his leg from the ground and tripped Robert. Robert tumbled into the ropes.
"I will not be defeated by a has-been and a CEO!" The Berserker pushed himself up and rushed at Robert.
Robert ducked under one swing, jabbed Berserker in the ribs, but then found his arm gripped. He was thrust to the ground with a foot on his side.
"LET BOB GO!"
EB continued, "LOOKS LIKE RAGING ROBERT IS DOWN... WAIT, HERE COMES ZEUS THE MOOSE...OH, HE HAS THE BERSERKER BY THE BACK... YES, HE IS DOING IT, A BANK STATEMENT. LOOK AT THAT FORM. HE IS BENDING BERSERKER RIGHT OVER AND...OUCH, RIGHT INTO THE MAT. IS IT OVER? DID...NOPE, THE BERSERKER IS TRYING TO GET HIS FOOTING AGAIN. THIS MATCH FAR FROM OVER.... WOW, EVEN WITHOUT AN MANIACAL DARK FORCE OF INTERGALACTIC POWER, THE BERSERKER IS ONE TOUGH COOKIE. OH, YES, THIS IS BROUGHT TO YOU BUY BUNNY BRAND CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES.... NOW BACK TO THE ACTION!"
The Berserker remained down while Zeus caught his breath. Zeus didn't see Berserker move when the enemy swung his leg out and got Zeus right in the knee. Zeus went down while EB kept yelling "foul." Berserker grabbed Zeus by the neck and gripped with all his strength.
"This is no show, Zeus. I'll kill you for this. You promised me freedom and power. I...."
A ladder swung around and hit Berserker so hard that it separated him from Zeus. Robert, holding the ladder, slammed it against Berserker and then used incredible strength to bend the ladder into a binding around the muscular enemy.
"ENOUGH!" Robert yelled.
Berserker fought against the restraint, already bending it back out. "I will not be stopped! I am The Berserker. World champion."
"Like hell!" Zeus came in with a direct punch to Berserker's face and finally put the man down.
The lights danced, the fireworks exploded. Rock music rattled the walls. EB yelled over the mic, "Raging Robert ties him up and Zeus the Moose takes him down. This was the match of the century ladies and gentlemen. The Berserker, once undefeated, is now out cold and has won a long stay at the luxurious accommodations of Purgatory Penitentiary. Two legends, two CEO's, and one goal... take down a bad guy and entertain the world! WOOT!"
Director Nova and Gar arrived just then. They made their way up to the mat.
"What is going on?" Nova bellowed over the noise of the celebratory music and fireworks.
EB zipped to the middle of the mat and clapped his paws. The fireworks and music stopped. "You just missed the match of the century."
Gar frowned, "Is The Berserker tied up with a ladder?"
EB said, "Of course. It was amazing. Raging Robert came in swinging a chair, and then Zeus the Moose executed the perfect flying leap, and...."
Nova interrupted. "Just how did you two defeat him. Even without the power of the Malevolence, he was a dangerous morphonic villain."
Robert said, "EB gave us some special candy and... we got some much deserved revenge."
Nova pinched the bridge of his nose. "You gave them enhancing magic chocolate?"
"Yup, and it was worth it. Best match ever. I mean, you should see the numbers. The viewership was off the charts."
Zeus said, "That was live?"
"Duh! You had it set up for this match. And, I thought the world deserved to see The Berserker go down." EB smiled with glee at this fact.
Robert looked over at Zeus, "I guess we got to show the world we can work together."
Zeus nodded, "It was fun."
Nova said, "It might have been fun, but you have to answer for helping The Berserker get as far as he did."
Just then Jordan walked up with Agent Justin. The new half feline Jordan, Oracle of Strength, approached with a calm look. "Mr. Zeus did nothing wrong."
Nova said, "He gave The Berserker the means to get this far."
Jordan nodded, "True. But, he played within the rules, he played within the law. And, in the end, he was willing to put himself at risk to fix his mistake. That was a good fight, you two. I accept it as proof that you know what you did was wrong, even though legal."
Zeus nodded, "I let my jealousy of the success of my buddy Bob.... sorry, Robert, blind me to how dangerous someone like The Berserker could be. From now on I will stick to just entertaining the old fashion way, pro wrestling."
Nova let out a long sigh and then said, "Fine. BADGE will overlook your part of this situation. Truthfully, The Malevolence was the greater influence in all of this. And, now we have our villain ready to be taken back to secure lock-up, the Malevolence failed, and a new Oracle."
"What now?" Robert asked.
Nova said, "Now, you get your arenas back and can return to your normal programming. I will send the BADGE support to help repair this place."
"Thanks. Now, about you." Robert spoke to Gar, "I was wondering about another exhibition match. Come, lets talk in my office."
Gar said, "Uh, no, I..."
"Go on, I can be your manager. I got pretty good at that." EB hopped along as Robert guided Gar toward his office.
Nova approached Jordan. "How are you doing?"
Jordan looked at his furry arm and then glanced back at his tail. "I... feel different. But, I feel complete. The mind inside me is filled with ancient knowledge of eons of living as an avatar. Yet, it feels like the mind of a child that is just now beginning to understand life. I imagined this would be like having a voice in my head, another thing inside me. It is more a blending, a completion. I am not two people, I am one, but have two minds... I can't explain it clearly."
"I suggest paying a visit to the other oracles and gleaning some wisdom about this from them."
Jordan nodded, "That is a good idea. But first, I think I need to go and see my family. This is going to take some explaining. After that… I want to travel the world and explore all the various fighting techniques of each culture."
"Good luck. I have one other question for you."
"What?"
"How did you know that the light would do what it did to the Malevolence?"
Jordan seemed lost in his own thoughts. "I... only realized it after I joined together with the avatar. In a moment of understanding, I realized that he knew that strength comes from honor, not hate. Purity over corruption. I could feel the light in you, I still can. I felt it would hurt the darkness in him."
Nova said, "It was a good gamble, it worked."
"What does this mean?"
Nova said, "It means, we have work to do. I can't fight the Malevolence alone. In me is a light, but that means I need to study the darkness."
TO BE CONTINUED...


