Tuesday, January 9, 2024

CHRONO: Player PoV

25104



1st, I would like to thank my esteemed opponents in WMD for giving me the most fun in a Climb event that I've had in a hot minute. I was busy with life and didn't even realize there was a big Chrono event going. I jumped in about halfway through and was fine with bronze place prizes. Being so late, I didn't think I had any chance at better. But I noticed that my teammate, Avenger was in a tight running where he could potentially get 1st with maybe a little help, and possibly even 3rd if he didn't watch out.

So, rather than sit idly in the event and just take the prizes I was probably getting for no effort anyway, when my participation could potentially help a friend, I decided to jump into the fray. I knocked 3rd place back as much and as often as I could, to widen the gap between him and Avenger. A couple times, I managed to drop Skelanimal from 1st so Avenger could make up a few points.

After awhile, I found myself in 6th place for points. I wasn't expecting that. I sent the call out to my leaguemates and allies to help me out, even if they weren't yet in the event. One of their teammates, Damon, was currently in 5th, so WMD fought tooth and nail while I waited for backup.

I managed to claw ahead, but WMD wasn't going to just let me keep my gain. Avenger hadn't shown but for a short moment to take 1st before losing it again to Skelanimal. But I was now in silver ranking when I thought I could only get bronze......... If I could just hold on to it.........

That's when Super Rakly, Rakly as The World Serpent, PsyOps, and Shinobi showed up to lend a hand, widening the gap between 5th and 6th enough to give me a comfortable and safe distance.

Again, I thank WMD. It was a blast and an unexpected outcome. And thanks to my leaguemates, who got me into safe waters.
Comments
0 Comments