Wednesday, February 22, 2023

THE WEAPON MASTER'S ARMORY: MAGIC BOW

BY: Todd Goode id# 12205



You are walking through the center of the town market in Okinawa, Japan. There are some nice items for sell but clothing and food is not what you are looking for. An old man notices that you are a warrior and says," If you are looking for something special, there is a small shack at the edge of town. It's the one that looks like it's going to fall in. Go there, and you may find something to your liking. You give the old man a coin and thank him for his courtesy and follow his direction to the old shack.

You find the old shack and it definitely looks like it could collapse at any minute, but you enter anyway.

Everything is covered in dust and cobwebs and there is water damage on the floor from the leaky roof and it smells of mold and rotting wood.

You look around and see nothing but dilapidation and wasted time. Feeling a bit angry, you turn to leave the run-down shack only to be face to face with an old man with long white hair and overgrown brows, mustache and beard.

Startled and a little angry, you lash out at the old man with a strong super punch, but the old man blocks it with ease, grabs your arm and pushes you to the floor and says, "I am Katsuo Mitsurugi and this is my humble shop. Why are you here?"

I was told that I may find something of special use in combat by an old man with an eye patch in the town market. He sent me here. Now release me old man. I see there is nothing here. I will leave this place peacefully.

Mitsurugi grunts, "That was my older brother, He lost that eye years ago while fighting an evil called, Legion. He failed to duck a creature with the Hair of Medusa, and it removed him from his eye. In return, my brother relieved the creature of his hair by the neck. He must sense great power in you."

"Young warrior, looks can be deceiving. There is more here than you realize." Then Mitsurugi pulled a lever that at first appearance looked to be simple ornamental door molding.

The floorboards began to separate at the back of the run-down shack and a light could be seen shining through the opening.

Mitsurugi leads you to the opening and a lighted stairway.

"Follow me young one, this is my true buki ko and dojo. If you have the gold and the power level to wield it, I can train you on many mystical items."



"The newest item I have acquired for sale are these Magic Bow scrolls. Within these scrolls are the instructions to manifest a magical bow. A bow made of light brighter than the sun and enhanced with morphonic powers. With this bow you can shoot arrows hotter than the sun and you will never miss. This bow can hit anything within a thousand yards."

"I can offer you one scroll and training for 62 pieces of gold or for even more attack strength, I can offer a bundle of five scrolls for a special cost of 248 gold pieces."

You begin to laugh at the old man, "Ha Ha Ha! You must think I'm mental. Scrolls and magic bows. Get real old man!"

Mitsurugi grabs you and you both are teleported outside. "You doubt Mitsurugi?! Pick any target within a thousand yards!"

You point at an old cart around 300 yards away.

Mitsurugi says, "Pick again and make the distance much farther out!"

You point again to a saloon high atop of the mountain side. "You see that saloon old man? The one high on top of the mountain side? That is my saloon. In front of the saloon stands a small sign to welcome people. It can scarcely be seen from here. Hit that!"

Mitsurugi's eyes began to glow like the sun as he pointed and said, "That sign? It's pretty far away huh?"

A bow of light manifested in Mitsurugi's hand, and he pulled back and let loose a fiery arrow that found the target in seconds without even really aiming.

You begin to laugh again, "Ha Ha Ha! You missed old man!"

"Did I now?" replied Mitsurugi. "Call your saloon manager and have him look."

You call your saloon manager and have him check the sign. Sure enough, there was an arrow of light burning the sign.

"Okay, old man, you hit the sign but it's not doing much damage according to the manager."

Mitsurugi says, "I know. I've not released the arrows energy yet. That was to show the bows precision." Mitsurugi's eyes got even brighter, and the arrow exploded. "That is to show the arrows power."

The saloon manager could be heard yelling on the phone, "The sign! The sign is gone, and it took out my car as well," cried the saloon manager. You turn to the old man and say, "I'll take five".

Mitsurugi turns the bow towards you and says, "You will refer to me as Mitsurugi or Weapon Master!"

You quickly bow and ask for forgiveness. "Forgive my rudeness Mitsurugi-San. May I still have the offer?"

"I forgive you young warrior and the offer still stands but know this, there are five tiers of power to these magic bow scrolls. Each tier will increase the bows power, but each tier will also take more training and 105 pieces of gold per scroll per tier for 5 scrolls."

You bring the Weapon Master enough gold to tier all 5 scrolls to the fifth tier and say, "Here you go Master Mitsurugi, here is the gold. When does my training start?"

Mitsurugi bowed and said, "Thank you for your business. Your training will start early in the morning. Be on time and be prepared to stay for one month. Tier five will take some time to master and receive your magic irezumi. Now be gone until then! My favorite show, "As the World Burns," will start soon. The girls on that show really get my blood pumping, He He He."

You laugh and giggle to yourself as you walk away, "Yeah? Whatever. You're worse than Master Roshi old man."
Comments
0 Comments