Thursday, December 16, 2021

New Patrol in Neo Utopia has Heroes Singing...


by Madam Marvelous
ID# 26130

"Auld Lang Syne. What does it mean, exactly?" I asked my mother as we drove to Neo Utopia for a special day of holiday shopping. "Why do people sing that for Christmas?"

"It's a holiday classic, but it is more about fondly remembering that which has passed and my be left behind than the typical song about Santa and his reindeer." Mom said. "The holiday season is a celebration of lots of events that go on as the a year closes, so the songs sort of all get mixed together."

"I suppose so," I said as I turned and looked out the window at the sparse trees and wide open fields passing by. It would have been nice if she would have let me fly us to Neo Utopia rather than driving. I think she would have enjoyed riding on my back as a Pegasus. Or I could have done it as Rudolph, to keep in the spirit of the season. 

"Do you know what you are looking for?" Mom asked. "Who do you have to shop for still?"

"Ummm, stop trying to find out what I'm getting you, Mom." I laughed at her persistence. "Kids are supposed to be the ones who can't wait to find out what their presents are, not parents."

"I'd never do such a thing!" She did her best to look innocent and wounded by my accusation, but the twinging of a smile at the corner of her mouth let me know she knew she'd been caught.

I did still have presents to buy. A few more items for my Dad, who was hard to buy for. I wanted to get a unique Bonsai tree from Miyagi's Tiny Trees for Mom and an embroidered handkerchief for Ms. Fae. I made some homemade cookies for my teammates in the Star Force Junior League to take to League Wars, so they were set. I'd gotten things for my school chums already, so the only other person I still needed to find the perfect present for was Midgardsormr. He had been so friendly and generous to me during the previous two League Wars that I wanted to find a token of my appreciation, but if my dad was hard to buy for, Midgardsormr was impossible. 

I mean, what do you give the World Serpent? I was trying to find something reminiscent of Norse mythology for him, but I didn't really know if that was the right thing either. The problem is as nice as he had always been to me, he was known to have a bit of a temper, and I didn't want to get eaten if I picked the wrong thing.

In a perfect world, I'd get something for most of the heroes who I'd fought alongside of over the past year. Each on of them had added something special to my ongoing adventure. Astra, Angelus, even the members of the members of Villains Inc. had aided me. Gar, Director Nova, Slayer B.A.S... the list went on and on. Unfortunately, my allowance didn't have the deep pockets my imagination had. 

The vibration on my wrist brought me out of my funk of hopeful possibilities. Mom was focused on traffic, so I glanced down at my BADGE communicator as stealthily as possible. She wouldn't want our shopping trip to be interrupted, least of all by a mission by Director Nova.

On the good side of things, we were already on our way to Neo Utopia, so I wouldn't need to ask her to drive me elsewhere, but on the other hand, who knew what I was going to encounter there this time as Neo Utopia was where I was being summoned. 

To find out what Madam Marvelous and other heroes are being called to face, head to the new Patrol in Neo Utopia titled Auld Lang Syne (Not named after player Chuck Auld as far as I know)

Some potential rewards from the patrol. New Chapters open daily...




Comments
0 Comments