Friday, September 11, 2020

IN THE ROOM with Bloodstar

  
by Chaz Hamilton

 
Chaz Hamilton waited in the foyer of the Star Force Observatory. Still under construction, the league headquarters was little more than a home improvement project with a lot of work left to be done. He doubted if even Chip or Joanna Gaines could handle this fixer-upper. “If this doesn’t work, this will be my career in a few weeks. A horrible shamble.”

    Somehow, Chaz did something to upset Director Nova, causing the BADGE leader to cancel their scheduled interview for the Sentinel. Having asked a BADGE agent and friend, Catalyst, for insight into the unknown offence, Catalyst gave Chaz a bit of sage advice. “Show Nova why he should do an interview with you. Actions are louder than words to him.”

    Catalyst even suggested a new hero to interview. A new member of the Star Force, an alien hero named Bloodstar was looking for some publicity.

    “Hello, Chaz.” A muscular man stepped into the room from deeper in the building. “It is Chaz, right?”

    “Yes. Bloodstar, I take it.” Chaz replied. “Do you have time to talk?”

    “Sure do. I can’t wait to get started. It’s so hard to meet new people here. I’m glad Catalyst could set this up.”

    “Me too. Let’s get started.” Chaz set down his phone, set to record, and read off a page of prepared questions he had tailored to the interview.

Chaz: Question One: Why has your name changed so much? Do you change it every time you transform?

Bloodstar: I'm a Qazarian Male from the planet Qazar. We're born with the power of absorption. Whatever power or elements are around, we absorb them. For example, my home planet is made up of water and lightning. The animals in the oceans, we also absorb some of their powers as well. We Qazarian's like to sail on the oceans, so my first name was Lightning Pirate. Then I left my home planet in order to go to the planet of Dark Water, where I fought against a Vampire, an enemy of mine. Not all vampires are my enemies, only the ones that want to suck my blood and powers out. Anyway, once I absorbed the planet of Dark Water, from its elements and the blood from the vampire I was no longer lightning pirate anymore. I became Dark Megalodon. I had gigantic bat wings and my skin turned from blue to a dark shade of gray. I traveled to the Blue nebula star system which is where I absorbed the power and elements from the planet Bright Star. But suddenly, the inhabitants of the planet Bright Star were in danger from this huge black hole that formed out of nowhere. So, of course, I absorbed the black hole saving millions. Again, I transformed again with even more powers. The wings transformed into flame and skin changed from being a dark shade of gray into bloody red. That's how I became Blood Star. Indeed, every time I transform, I change my name. But if a vampire sucks my blood, the powers that I've absorbed except from the powers that I was born with from Qazar. If that happened, I would become Lightning Pirate again then start over.

Chaz: What did you get in the shuffle when you made your last Morphon purchase?

Bloodstar: #1: Portal Leap. #2: Liquid metal Skin. And some other one I forgot what it was because I sold it. They were ok, but not the best powers. I really wanted the Lava floor but ‘April Fools’ that's not what I got.

Chaz: Do you join the Fight Club circuit every day?

Bloodstar: Indeed. I've been in two fights, but not every day because I'm waiting in order to get higher and stronger. But once I get to level 36 or 38, I will have all the power that would be enough in order to beat at least a couple of them. I might do one in the next few days depending on what I chose to do.

Chaz: Do you have any one particular opponent you see in them (the Fight Clubs) that makes you cringe when you see them, knowing you cannot defeat them?

Bloodstar: An Enemy of mine who makes me shake in my pants would be The Omen. I'm not sure if he's a vampire or not but he looks as if he could be one. He's totally wicked. He wants every drop of blood that I have. If he does one day, I'm as good as dead. Fortunately, there's a way that I can come back my dead body. It has to be thrown back into the oceans of Qazar and after a hundred years I can be reborn by another Qazarian woman.

Chaz: That is a useful advantage. It sounds like the belief here on Earth called re-incarnation.

Bloodstar: It sure is. Now, the type of woman that I am interested in. Anyone will do but I would like to start a relationship with Suckabus. Have you seen her? She's fine!

Chaz: I’m sorry. What?

Bloodstar: There's more! The Amazing Rebecca. LOL. Man, what a Babe, and Starflame. She makes me melt like butter. Let me add that I'm searching for a female side kick in order to fight crime with and date if any of them are interested. Maybe there should be a dating service just for me, Hahahahaha! The Blood Star personal dating where they only date me.

Chaz: Catalyst told me you were looking to talk to the Sentinel because you were new on the planet.

Bloodstar: That’s right. I need help meeting the ladies.

Chaz: And you’re hoping I can help you? <Chaz struggled to keep his face neutral, not wanting to alienate his interviewee.> Do you even know where you would take one on a first date?

Bloodstar: Where would I take a female warrior on a first date? I would take them to QAZAR where we would go skinny dipping in the hot blue ocean water. Then I would take her to a forest covered planet so we could chase one another around the tree's kiss and stuff. After that we would go somewhere in the universe and eat at a fancy joint. After that I would introduce her to my mother and then, if she wanted to, I would show her what kind of wild man that I can really be.

<Chaz places his hand over his face and sighs>: I thought Catalyst told me you were married?

Bloodstar: My wife, the vampire princess, Lavandra, well that's a story all its own! Man, see, she once was an enemy of mine, but I romanced her. That was the only way that I could save myself from her sucking me blooddrop less. I believe that The Omen planned for her to kill me so he wouldn't have to. I knew that he was up to something, so to get even, I married Lavandra. But once I informed her why, I had no choice but to leave her. She's very furious with me and now she wants my blood for herself. That's why I'm searching for another woman.

Chaz: I think I have everything I need for today.

Bloodstar: OK. Thanks. How long until I hear back from someone. Friday night is all open for me. And Saturday. Most of next week, too. Heck, I’d make time for the right one.

Chaz: We’ll be in contact as soon as we hear some responses.

    Chaz turned off his recording app. The two of them shook hands before the reporter departed the building. After the exterior door closed, Chaz stood dumbfounded on the opposite side. “I should just resign.”

    He walked down the steps toward the path leading to the street. Halfway between the building and his car, he looked up to the sky and shouted. “Why me? What did I do wrong?”

Comments
0 Comments