Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Three Days Left to Add Color

By Chaz Hamilton

At the start of the month, Dan Peyton announced a contest. Coloring is Key

He has run this style of contest several times. 

There are three day's left to participate in the current contest. That means there is still plenty of opportunity to earn up to three Power Cards worth up to thirty Morphons. 

A few weeks ago, Dan showed us what he could do with a print-off of one of his own drawings using colored pencils.

Several other players have already contributed to this contest while having some fun coloring. 

The rules have even reverted to the previous art contest staples. Take one of his images and do with it what you will. 

Last time, I pushed myself to try and combine some of his drawings into one scene. My theme for this one was inspired by Kirk and Spock. I tried to do something complex, but that doesn't mean you have to. 

I would hate to see anyone miss out on gaining some free rewards, earned by having a bit of creative fun.

I never had used the Paint 3D program much before Dan Peyton started his coloring contests here. The first one I participated in was the one where we colored eggs. Being I was making an submission for Heroes Rising, I got the idea to take Vincent Price's head from him in his role in Batman as Egghead. Was it a work of art? Heck no, but I had fun doing it.

With this contest, I took the time to try and shape up a new hero I've been working on, Silver Paladin. I was very pleased in the end with my efforts. (I do think that the helmet sort of looks like a metallic beagle with droopy ears, but that makes him less threatening to kids, right???)


I believe I can see an improvement in my work with each attempt at coloring his drawings. Could the same happen for you? Give it a try and find out.

Please, take a few minutes and join in with the other players who have participated. The more the merrier. Use his art to re-create your hero in game. A trial run for the costume contest, perhaps. Tap into your creative side and you might be pleased with what you come up with. Do the coloring with a fall theme. It doesn't matter what your inspiration might be, but use it to express yourself.

Have some fun. Free players, cash in. Everyone else, show us what you've got. Thirty Morphons is still enough to level up most power cards. There is value to your efforts beyond having a pretty picture to share with the rest of the player community.

Perhaps it will help prepare you for the next time they do a contest with having winning player submitted art on a card.

Comments
0 Comments